Saturday, March 25, 2006

What am I? Nuts?!?!?!
We now have a new member to our household! "Yoshi" is an eight week old golden retriever puppy. She is adorable, cuddly, smart and belongs to Annie. I really needed another pet in the house. I mean, after all, it's mud season in Maine. Wouldn't one want another set of footprints bringing that mud inside? Even if they are little, cute puppy prints? Yup, I'm a sucker! When M&B were younger and they'd want something or they wanted me to load up the van with their friends and take them places they'd come to me and ask then when I'd agree they'd draw an invisible 's' on their forheads and flap their fingers and thumbs together signaling that I have 'sucker' written on my forhead in flashing neon lights.
Our pets now consist of 2 adult dogs, a puppy, two cats, a horse, 3 ducks, chickens and an aquarium with about 20 baby fish. The baby fish are a REAL joy! I mean who wouldn't enjoy watching an empty tank while these babies, which are very tiny, hide in the gravel to stay away from the big fish who AREN'T there?!? I know their instinct is strong and they heed their instincts, just like me! I mean I've learned to say "NO" !!!! (right)
Yoshi is adorable and already knows who her person is. She usually tries to make it to the door when she has to ...er... go out. She makes one of our older dogs nervous and the other jealous. Sunshine isn't impressed and has shown Yoshi what a beautiful set of teeth she has with her big smile! Today was heartwarming though. The girls were out working with Dad and Yoshi was in an outdoor pen for the first time. She was crying and trying to howl. It was pitiful. Sunshine's maternal instincts must have kicked in because she found a stick and took it to Yoshi and dropped it next to her pen. (No, I really don't think she had the intent of beating her into silence with it!) I think there is hope for a friendship here.
There is something about a puppy though.............................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home