Sunday, October 08, 2006

a kiss is a kiss....

Wednesday night Mike announced that Lianna and I needed to be clowns for his class object lesson on Friday night. Catch the FRIDAY night part? That meant we had Thursday and Friday to work into our schedules time to get costumes, make-up and come up with a skit that worked into his lesson theme! I do love my husband. Lianna needed to be an apathetic, bored, whiney clown and I a zany, hyper, crazy type clown. We both had a lot of work to do! Being October did make it a little easier in the remote sticks of Maine. Walmart had the make up and sponge noses very available. Our farmer neighbor needed his overalls mended and after I mended them I borrowed them for my costume. Lianna's costume and make up came out wonderful. She even had long glittery eyelashes and a wig. She played her part wonderfully, not even a smirk at her mother's antics! Our 'audience' was sitting down and when we finished I went over to Mike, put my hand on his shoulder and said, "Honey, I want to thank you for letting me serve this way." and proceeded to put a slimy clown make-up kiss on the top of his head! Now clown make-up isn't like other make up, it's thick and greasy. He immediately put his hand up and wiped his head which only smeared it across his forehead and made him look like he had been shot! He was a good sport though and was laughing as we skipped out of the room.

Even though we were asked how often we do a clown act (with the reply that this is the one and only) and told that we did an excellent job we are not planning on taking this on the road.

Saturday the weather was perfect for the youth group hike up Little Bigelow Mountain. Cool enough to make sweating a survivable activity and sunny enough to make the foliage gorgeous, or so the kids say! One younger boy was climbing into the car and said to his mom, "It was soooo beautiful!" They all seemed to have a good time. Mike is a little sore but what can you expect? Both Annie and Lianna went and loved it. Mike was a little nervous around the spots with sheer drop offs. He was afraid of some clown doing a daredevil stunt or something. Good thing he didn't have to worry about me!

Has anyone else noticed HOW LONG IT'S BEEN SINCE MELISSA BLOGGED?

3 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Wales said...

I agree, excellent job casting Dad! I understand that you had to write out the part of the handsome, intelligent, suave young man because I wasn't there . Oh well. Sorry.

7:59 PM  
Blogger mommmydeb said...

are you saying I'm apathetic?
-Lianna

3:48 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

You're welcome!!!:)

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home